Friday, September 17, 2010

What do I do?

So I'm becoming annoyed that I wasn't given more post-surgery information. All I was told was i can take the bandage off 2 days later and shower if I wanted. That's all. I wasn't told how to wash the area or if I can. My husband and I took my bandage off earlier to check out the area and rewrap it lighter cause it felt like it was pulling all my hair and it was starting to drift off my head. The surgeon didn't shave much hair, there's not much blood or anything, just some tape over the incision, which I'm assuming has stitches under it.... right?

My questions:
-Do I take the tape off when I shower/wash my hair?
-Should I keep the hair away from the area?
-Can I rinse out the inside of my ear?
-When will this tinnitus calm down?
-How long should I expect to be dizzy every time I get up?
-Why is sitting upright not helping with the pain? It seems to feel worse compared to when I lay on my left ear, but it doesn't always go away when I lay down.
-When can I expect to be able to sleep on my right ear again?

I understand the results are different for everyone, but just hearing other people's own experiences would give me a broad idea of what to expect. All I've found is one informative note indicating it took 3 days for the lady to feel a little normal again, though 3 weeks til she felt completely back to normal. I know I overall gotta wait and see how I feel everyday, but it's kinda sucky. I especially don't like when something disrupts my ability to sleep, cause I love sleeping.

Side note, I briefly felt something vibrate where, I think, the magnet is implanted. Not sure if it had to do with that or my hair follicles or whatever. Not that my hair seems to vibrate in general anyways... haha.

Hoping I wake up a lot better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Answered some of these on your Facebook page - but after the third day you should be feeling much better.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP