Thursday, September 23, 2010

Random thoughts

Does having this magnet in my head make me more prone to get struck by lightning than otherwise?

What happens if I DO go through one of those security metal detectors?

What happens if I were to bang my head where the magnet is? Would it just hurt? Break? Press through into my brain? Probably depends on how hard the impact is, but still.

So, I've read people with these CI's gotta be more cautious with physical activities/sports, is this in relation to the external piece or both pieces? Can't I just leave the external off and be fine?

Do any electronic devices interfere with the CI?

6 comments:

  1. No - not more prone to lightening at all - and does not improve the lottery odds either :(

    Security Metal detectors - at the grocery store and library should be no problem. At the airport it MIGHT go off - very rare with the BTE. But if it does they will pat you down

    More cautious - WOW -- don't tell that to the Nebraska Football player with a CI. Don't tell that to the UK gal that is a pro dirt bike racer and soccer player. But seriously - yes you really do not want to be hit in the side of the head that has the implant - the impact could break the internal part

    Electronic Devices - you mean like IPODs and such... no problem..... now some kid remote control cars can be an issue - you want to check to see if it is a 49 Mhz signal - will NOT affect you at all - the other electronic device might not function correctly

    Hope this helps
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Thanks Kim. I was curious about the lightning one because my parents always told me to get away from metal when there's lightning out cause I guess the lightning is more likely to hit it, so I wasn't sure how it works with metal in our heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so does this mean you and thomas can't go on roller coasters anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it could be an excuse to not ride a roller coaster - but in all honesty.... RIDE them :) Not a problem - although don't let the CI fly off your head as they can be hard to find and some parks are not helpful in finding lost items. But life is meant to enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out this article on this Advanced Bionics CI football player
    http://columbustelegram.com/news/local/article_2c3ff8da-c718-11df-9ca1-001cc4c002e0.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd sure hope ya didn't get struck by lightening, that would suck...

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP