Thursday, October 28, 2010

A few new things

I heard a few new things lately. I realized the toaster oven has a timer clicking to it! Which excited me cause like, I usually knew a microwave had a ticking to it as it counted down, but I never thought the toaster oven did for some reason.

I also heard someone release a really LOUD gas bubble today. It was REALLY amusing cause I usually just FEEL those, not hear them. (I am not talking about myself here). :-)

Let's see, Jets are becoming more obvious to the CI now. As they're incoming and until they're out of range. It's pretty annoying.

Today, some kid kicked or threw something really hard at our house tonight and it shocked the crap out of me. It sounded like a gun going off to the CI. I really assume it might've been a ball kicked at the garage door or at least near the front of the house. And when I peeked outside, it seemed no one was there, but then I saw a kid hiding in the bush... ya... kids are evil. I should mention our door was egged several months ago for no reasons whatsoever. :-/

So, I previously mentioned in another entry that my settings on my CI are set to 65, 70, and 75 IDR (the hearing range), and I've realized I prefer the 70 IDR the most. The 65 is kinda lacking in sounds, but the 75 seems too busy and the quality of vocals isn't as good as they are at 70. Yet, I'm finding myself turning the volume up more and more everyday.

My next mapping is next week. Curious to see how much more I improve until then. Until then, tootles.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the toaster timer! I hear it all the time now! When I wore my HA, I heard quite a bit of "sound effects", but with the CI, even in its early stages, it's like a whole new library of effects! Kinda makes me feel like I have super-hearing. Can't wait to start eavesdropping. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...someone must have been really bored to egg your house randomly. :-/

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP