Thursday, October 21, 2010

2nd mapping

I did not manage to get a copy of this mapping because the audiologist and most of the office has recently moved into the office and do not have a printer.

On the other hand, I got a better idea of what she's doing to the CI. All the electrodes are turned on, and each one is adjusted to my comfort level of frequencies. She started off with last week, setting my settings only up to 60 decibels and with the frequencies on the low side (I think). Today, she raised the frequencies a little and raised the decibels. One setting is at 65 db, the 2nd at 70 and the 3rd at 75 db. Which totally explains why I'm not hearing jets and stuff with the CI, and why everything sounds like an aura, because I haven't heard frequencies in the low decibels in 2 decades.

Am I hearing much new things? Hearing better? I really do not know. If I keep the volume at a certain point, I can manage to reduce the amount of aura's I'm hearing when people talk, among other things that set it off. Speech is a little more clear, compared to the last settings, but everything is overall going to take a lot more months to improve.

I'll be testing these new settings this week with music again and seeing what's different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP