Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 3

It's been 3 days since activation. I'm not hearing much of a change compared to day 1 in sounds, besides one thing: sentences actually sound like a sentence instead of a series of aura's. But everything is still high pitchy and after a few hours, is too annoying to keep listening to. It is especially worse when I actually try and have a conversation with my husband because my voice is setting off a series of aura's, and so is his, and then I can't even remember what I was talking about, and can't even understand Thomas. So, it's certainly still in the experimental stages, and I've only been using it about 3-6 hours a day. Can't wait to go back to the Audi in 4 days for another mapping. I hope things will sound a lot better after that.

I wish I had more to say, but nope. I am going to attempt dropping a pin on the floor and seeing if I can hear that. Haha. I'll keep ya'll posted on that.

Look at this picture I found in my husbands cell phone - it's my pre-operative picture and I was trying to write a quick entry in our journal before I got drugged, but I had to use my non-writing hand and ya, so I look ridiculous, as does the writing.

6 comments:

  1. iv changed my blog url...
    check it out at www.bioniclissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like my first message did not go through... am looking forward to hearing more about your implant as days go on. Don't worry about not hearing too much at this stage. You will eventually hear, your brain needs time. Have you ever read a blog called I Look So I can hear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have checked out that blog a few times and see her posts on FB, when she posts somethings. She's kinda years beyond my stage though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erm... tina was implanted less than a year ago

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Tina went hot (IIRC) about April or May. It took her a few extra weeks to get up to speed, since she's been deaf from birth. You'll get there, but it will take time... And therapy.

    HearingJourney.com has The Listening Room; and also you can check out audio books from your library, which will speed along your hearing rehabilitation.

    Catch you Thursday on HJ chat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. October?? And I didn't see this on your facebook links? hmm...i'm blind. :p.
    Looks like you are holding a baby at first. :p

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP