Tuesday, January 29, 2013

2013 Update

It's been 5 months since my last post. I'm sure I've had something to say a few times, but forgot  to write about it. For the time being, I can just update on my implant.

It's going as well as it has been for the past year. I do, however, feel I need another mapping, some more tweaks, to increase high frequencies. Some things are starting to sound a bit low to me. Yet, I still feel it might simply be due to ClearVoice, which did that when I was switched to it. In some ways, I've found it a nice program, in other ways, I've found it to be more limiting than I want my cochlear experience to be. I'm not sure if there's any middle ground around it yet.

I still have my days where I go the whole day without wearing the implant. Sometimes I just don't care to hear the TV, or the doorbell, or the dogs playing. But what can I say? It was my life prior to the implant and it's still a part of me to have complete silence. Plus, I always imagine the day when the implant could fail or break and I'd have to go weeks without it, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP