Thursday, May 6, 2010

Waiting...

It has been 9 days since I had the pneumonia shot. I went in to see the doctor last friday since the inflammation on my arm had spread down my whole arm and was beginning to seep to the inside. I was also having orange urine. Now, I know dark yellow urine means dehydration, and I can tell the difference from yellow and orange, so I thought it was strange and decided it was time to see the doctor. The doctor said the inflammation should be gone by monday, or go see him again, and that the orange pee was just simply dehydration. Ya, whatever. It doesn't help when your doctor looks like you're wasting his time and he just prescribes you THREE drugs as if that's the whole reason you came in. Which, if you know me, I hate prescription drugs, and I never want them unless it's without a doubt I've got an infection and need an antibiotic or some seriously strong pain pills (which I only need one or the other every 5 years or so). The reason I go to the doctor is because I would like a diagnosis, not a thing more. I would like him to say, "this is a result of ... and that is from ... and you should be fine in ...." that's all I want! Not, "this is normal. Does that hurt? Only when you touch it (which he was touching it). I don't think it's an infection but I'll prescribe you an antibiotic just in case and some tylenol for the pain. Ok? Fine. Does anything else hurt? No, just my arm. I'll write you up for some ibuprofin too, ok? ... k... " Really? Needless to say, the pain went away saturday morning, and the redness was gone sunday night. Although I've been having some odd itching where the inflammation use to be, I'm doing fine. And I never bothered to take the pills.

What am I "waiting" for? The mail. Every day I wake up like a little kid that is excited to check the mail. I love mail. I hate junk mail, but I love mail. I like getting bills (because they make me feel like I'm doing something right with my life, even if they're too high sometimes), and I like tracking my expenses on excel. I should mention I almost majored in accounting in college- yea, go figure- except, I nearly failed my very first class on it and was like "screw this." If I find an affordable online college to get my accounting degree though, I just may go back for it- accountants are always needed in this world, I just have to be able to do it at my own pace and not in a classroom setting (because of the hearing loss, classroom settings are just not ideal, although maybe someday they'll be fine once I get the cochlear).

Anyway, what I'm really waiting for in the mail is a letter from Medicare of approval for the cochlear. It's just simply the next step of the process and I'd like to find out the answer and when to expect the phone call for scheduling the surgery. I'm hoping to have it scheduled for the end of June, say, on about June 25th, right after seeing the Dbacks Vs Yankees for 3 days (and watching the Yankees win), and while my husband is on leave from work so he can be there for me. And also because it would be turned on before my mom visits at the end of July.

Well, now it's actually time to go check today's mail and see what lies within.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP