Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Silence is Bliss

It seems I've been missed. I understand. I'm missable. (Missable should be a legitimate word).

A month ago, my husband and I have taken in his childhood dog, Dyna. She's about 13 (or 14) years old, and recently had surgery to recover from getting hit by a car. His parents couldn't handle her anymore because she requires being looked after and his mom couldn't handle seeing her so beat up anymore. I understand. Even I can't stand seeing her in this condition. My husband however, has the mindset that she will stay alive as long as he can allow it (and as long as she never requires expensive surgery), regardless of her condition. So, here she is.

Besides that fact she has only 3 useful legs (the other one was damaged from the accident and unsuccessfully can't be fixed), she also has heart and thyroid problems. This requires some daily medications, which we, unfortunately, forget to give her every single day. Although she didn't receive the meds for about a month before we got her either. As a result, she is losing her hair as fast a cancer patient and developing scabby skin. Today, she actually started bleeding from a scab on her backside. It's kinda gross and not a sight anyone wants to see. But hey, my husband loves the crap out of her.

The reasoning for telling you the story of Dyna is because she is the first thing I have encountered that has made me happy I can take my implant off sometimes. This is because she is a whiner. It's like having a baby in the house sometimes. And last I checked, no one likes the sound of crying, wailing, tantrum-throwing, fussy, needy babies. My husband says she's been doing this way since she was a baby herself. It's her awesome(ly neurotic) way of communicating that she wants food, to be petted, to go outside, or who knows what. Unfortunately for her, she is not pet-able anymore, she's on a diet since she can't exercise anymore, and when she does go outside, she pees and poops so fast that you're pretty sure all she wants is to come back inside. So, these days, it just seems like her annoying habit. And I can't yell at her ALL the time, so I take my implant off and enjoy silence.

Silence is bliss, I tell ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP