Monday, April 26, 2010

Hearing Test with Hearing Aids

Having a hearing test with my hearing aids is a recommended testing to prove to insurance that hearing aids don't help me and that the cochlear would benefit me much more. After a series of typical beeping tests, there was the "repeat what the man says" test. Sentences of approximately 6 words, and I would have to repeat whatever I could. I repeated nothing correctly. I couldn't even understand any of the sentences and pretty much took a guess at the last words. With just the right ear, I heard even worse as the voice seemed really distant and fast. Therefore, I failed the test, but in a sense, passed, because it proves I just can't hear speech well whatsoever. Medicare shall love me. I should hear back in a few weeks of approval (or shocking disapproval), then on to book the surgery.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP